These only take about 30 minutes and make great gifts.
There is also an ideal project for beginners as they are so easy to make. If you do have to make a choice on which size to try, a larger pouch (e.g. iPad) is a little bit easier than the smaller ones (e.g. smart phone).
To make the pouch you will need:
- 4 rectangles of fabric: 2 for the inside, 2 for the outside.
- 2 rectangles of fleece fusible (iron-on) interfacing. I use Vilene H630 for small pouches, and Vilene H640 (which is a bit thicker) for the larger sizes, like an iPad case.
- optional: 10cm elastic + 1 button
So here is how you determine the size of your fabric pieces:
Here is an example:
- The circumference of this GPS device measure 36cm wide and 24cm tall.
- If I add 5cm I get 41cm and 29cm respectively.
- Dividing both numbers by 2, I get a rectangle of 20.5 and 14.5cm.
So I've cut 4 pieces of fabric of 20.5cm by 14.5cm and 2 pieces of interfacing of 18.5 by 12.5.
Here is how you put it all together:
Here is one I made for our compact camera, I didn't add the button here.