Zadie | Tilly and The Buttons
Both stylish and comfortable!
Make your own Zadie dress with this paper pattern and step-by-step instructions. This pattern is designed for stretch knit fabrics, but fear not, you can sew it on a regular sewing machine.
You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
This pattern is designed for stretch knit fabrics, but fear not, you can sew it on a regular sewing machine.
The comfortable dress has striking diagonal seams, concealing lovely (and practical!) in-seam pockets. The fitted bodice has a flattering empire waistline and round neckline finished with a neckband. It flares out into a feminine, knee-length semi-pleated skirt that’s great for swishing. Choose between 3 sleeves: cap, three-quarter or full-length raglan sleeves.
Need some inspiration? Have a look on Pinterest here.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium-weight stretch knit fabrics such as ponte di roma, double knit, interlock, jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 20% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
- Fabric - Long or 3/4 sleeve – 2.5m x 150cm wide OR 2.8m x 115cm;
Cap sleeve – 2.1m x 150cm wide OR 2.3m x 115cm
(It's always a good idea to buy a little extra knit fabric to allow for shrinkage. See below for fabric lengths for colour blocked versions)
- Matching thread
- 0.9m (1 yard) of 6-8mm (1/4in) stay tape, clear elastic, ribbon or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine with a zigzag stitch and basic tools (a rotary cutter, mat and walking foot are useful)
COLOUR BLOCKING YOUR ZADIE DRESS?
Download the cutting layouts for colour blocking your Zadie dress. You will need the following amounts of fabric:
- Bodices – 0.5m x 150cm wide fabric or 115cm wide fabric
- Long or ¾ sleeve + side panels – 1m x 150cm wide fabric OR 1.3m x 115cm (wide fabric OR Cap sleeve + side panels – 0.6m x 150cm wide fabric OR 0.7m (x 115cm wide fabric
- Skirt, pocket facings + neckband – 1.5m x 150cm wide fabric or 115cm wide fabric