Rosa | Tilly and The Buttons
Make your own stylish shirt or shirt dress!
Why not get the Rosa KIT here?
Rosa has a flattering semi-fitted shape thanks to gently curved princess seams on both front and back. It features a pointed back yoke, which looks stunning highlighted with decorative topstitching or piping.
The three-quarter length roll-up sleeves are held up with narrow button tabs.
If you would like to make a long sleeved version with cuffs, you can Download the free bonus pattern!). It's finished with mock felled seams, a gently curved dipped hem, and optional pointed pockets.
This paper pattern contains full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet. The instructions will guide you step by step through the sewing process.
You'll learn to construct a two-piece collar and stand, with a separate button stand facing so you can make a feature out of contrast fabric.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium- and light-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, lighter weight denim, fine needlecord, double gauze, linen blends, viscose (rayon), shirting cotton.
- Fabric - Shirt: All Sizes – 2m (2 1/4 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 2.6m (2 7/8 yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 1-4 – 2.2m (2 3/8 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm (45in) wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 5-8 – 2.6m (2 7/8 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 10–13mm (3/8–1/2in) buttons x 10 (for shirt) or x 12 (for shirt dress)
- Iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 spools of contrast topstitching weight thread and topstitching/embroidery needle for your machine
- Sewing machine and tools, incl buttonhole foot