Coco Top + Dress | Tilly and The Buttons
This pattern will teach you how to sew with knit fabrics.
Make your own Coco, the perfect Breton top or knit dress with multiple variations.
Simple to sew, Coco is easy fitting, with no zips, buttons or other fiddly bits. The perfect introduction to sewing knit fabrics on a regular sewing machine.
The user-friendly instructions guide you through with a jargon buster, clearly labelled pattern pieces, and photos of each step.
A year-round staple that's so easy to wear, Coco makes a great spring marinière top, summer tunic, autumn funnel neck or cosy winter dress.
Designed for low-stretch knit fabrics, the classic style features a boat neckline, choice of top or dress lengths, three-quarter length or long sleeves, with side splits at the hips on the top version. Make it your own with optional sixties funnel roll neck, rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package containing full-scale pattern sheets and a colour photo booklet to guide you through the steps.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
BONUS TUTORIALS - Follow the detailed Coco sewalong on the blog for extra guidance and design variations.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
- Dress with funnel neck + cuffs - 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
- Plain dress - 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m (2 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Plain top – 1.5m (1¾in yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Ribbon (30cm x 6-8mm wide) or stay tape