Lodi Sweater | PDF Sewing Pattern
The Lodi sweater is a very feminine, contemporary and even slightly sporty sweater. The pattern is tailored for use with french terry and ribbed knit of See You at Six.
The pattern pieces for the ribbing are based on 80% - 75% of the sleeve and neck holes to obtain ideal stretch.
The Lodi Sweater is a sewing pattern created through a new exciting concept:
It is an online generated sewing pattern, tailored to your specific body measurements.
How does it work?
- You'll receive a pattern code to use on the website https://generatemysewingpattern.com
This code will be emailed to you within 24hrs of your purchase.
- On the website you choose a standard size and adjust the measurements to your own size, so that the pattern becomes completely customised.
- Choose your seam allowance.
- A PDF document is then generated with the customized pattern. For each license, the pattern can be generated in 5 different sizes (for example for mom, 2 daughters, sister and grandmother :-)
- The A4 pages (with or without print margins) can then be printed out to assembe the pattern.
- On that website you'll be able to download your sewing instructions and even find a video on how to correctly take your body measurements.
The standard sizes range from child size 92 to adult size 62. The adult sizes are furthermore divided into lengths 160cm, 168cm and 176cm.
Because it is a pattern for a butterfly sweater you need to take into account:
* if you put your arms in the air, the sweater will rise a bit at the belly. So for example as a teacher at the blackboard, it might not be so useful.
* also if you want to wear a tight jacket over this sweater, it might hinder a little under the arms
* the pattern parts of the bodice (they include the sleeves) can be quite wide. So be sure to buy fabric that is wide enough.
Considerations and attention points before starting:
• Before buying the fabric, generate a pattern and open the PDF to estimate how much fabric you will need.
• Because of the highly variable body sizes, no real cutting diagram can be provided. This is something you need to check.
1. Your body measurements, measured by someone else. (this will also be explained in the instructions)
2. A stretch needle
3. Matching sewing thread
4. All your usual sewing materials
5. A smile
6. A date at six o’clock to show your creation
7. Fabric, preferably french terry or sweat fabric + ribbing: generate the pattern and open the PDF-file to estimate how much fabric you will need.
An estimation for the needed fabric:
|32||120 cm||50 cm|
|34||130 cm||50 cm|
|36||130 cm||50 cm|
|38||140 cm||55 cm|
|40||140 cm||55 cm|
|42||150 cm||55 cm|
|44||150 cm||60 cm|
|46||150 cm||65 cm|
|48||150 cm||65 cm|
|50||160 cm||90 cm|
|52||160 cm||90 cm|
|54||160 cm||90 cm|
|56||160 cm||100 cm|
|58||160 cm||100 cm|
|60||160 cm||100 cm|
|62||160 cm||100 cm|
|92||80 cm||25 cm|
|98||80 cm||25 cm|
|104||80 cm||30 cm|
|110||90 cm||30 cm|
|116||90 cm||30 cm|
|122||90 cm||35 cm|
|128||100 cm||35 cm|
|134||100 cm||35 cm|
|140||100 cm||35 cm|
|146||110 cm||35 cm|
|152||110 cm||35 cm|
|158||110 cm||40 cm|
|164||120 cm||50 cm|
|170||120 cm||50 cm|
Fibre Mood - Pattern Book - Edition 03
Have not used as yet but am very pleased how I can get a printed pattern will look fo more patterns from you in the future thank you 🙏
The shopping experience with MaiiDesign is always lovely- prompt delivery, sustainable packaging and a personal thank you note. Not to mention the wonderful quality of the material. I bought the latest edition of FibreMood too and really impressed with it.
Thank you very much, Chelsea
I received a beautiful packet of fabric and pattern. Very pleased with the quality of both. But even more impressed that I can ask questions before I purchase, which is very helpful! Thank you.
Everything came very nicely packaged and very quickly. My order included books and they were not damaged at all during shipping. I would definitely purchase again.