Marigold | Tilly and The Buttons
Two sewing patterns in one!
Also available as a sewing kit here.
Sew a jumpsuit or a pair of casual trousers with this easy sewing pattern.
The relaxed peg-shaped trousers are easy-fitting at the hip, with slash pockets and taper in towards the ankle. The waist has gentle shaping from pleats and darts, cinched in with a quick-sew elasticated waistband.
The jumpsuit bodice is shaped with bust darts and a sweetheart neckline, with a comfortable blousy waist, wide (bra-concealing!) shoulder straps, closing with an invisible zip at the side.
The jumpsuit also looks great layered over tops, so can carry you through to the milder months.
You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package containing full-scale pattern sheets and a detailed instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Light- to medium-weight drapey fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), silk or poly crêpe de chine, or lighter weight chambray. The trousers could also be made in a lightweight low stretch jersey.
- Fabric - Trousers – Sizes 1-4: 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 1.8m (2 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide [2.2m (2 3/8 yards) for directional prints];
Sizes 5-8: 1.7m (1 7/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide [1.9m (2 1/8 yards) for directional prints] / 2.5m (2¾ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide;
Jumpsuit – Sizes 1-4: 1.9m (2 1/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 2.3m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide;
Sizes 5-8: 2.1m (2 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.2m (3½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Iron-on interfacing – similar weight to your fabric
- Your waist measurement in 2cm (3/4in) wide elastic
- Large safety pin
- For jumpsuit only: 17-18cm (7in) invisible zip
- Sewing machine and tools, incl invisible zip foot and zip foot / adjustable zip foot