In a continued effort to get my daughter to wear something other than dresses and skirts, I sewed up a shortsuit for her. I thought this would be cute, and stop her from showing her undies every time she hangs upside down somewhere, which seems to happen quite often!
The designer, Lauren, has done an excellent job in adding detailed - easy to follow -step by step instructions so it was very clear how to put it all together. The pattern comes with a range of options, including sleeves and a collar. But my princess had said "no collar", so I did as I was instructed and decided to keep it simple...so I skipped the sleeves as well. ;)
I'm afraid my daughter is going to suffer from the same condition as me: a long upper body! I have to extend all patterns by 4cm in the bodice part.
The top part of the bodice turned out a bit too short for my liking even though I made a size 8, and she only just turned 7, so I am going to have to start adding extra length for her too.
I added piping at the armholes and the pockets as I love that extra detail. The fabric print I picked was Flower works Purple/Blue (sold out), from Soft Cactus.The flowers are very light pink, so the piping in baby pink matches it very well.
Then I needed some buttons! What a great excuse to treat myself to a shopping trip to Newtown, a rather hip part of Sydney. There is an amazing button shop called “All Buttons Great and Small”. They literally have thousands and thousands of buttons, so I knew I would definitely find something to match.
And “Tadah!”, more smiles from my princess!